Hand washing is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs and illnesses. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, hand hygiene has become more critical than ever. While it is essential to wash your hands regularly, using liquid hand wash soap can make the process even more effective. This article will discuss how to make your hand soap at home using natural ingredients.
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Distilled water
- Foaming soap dispenser
Combine the liquid castile soap, coconut oil, and honey in a mixing bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add 10-15 drops of your preferred essential oil (optional). Essential oils add a pleasant fragrance to your hand soap and have natural antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help kill germs and bacteria on your hands.
- Slowly add distilled water to the mixture while stirring continuously. Add enough water to achieve your desired consistency. You may need to add more or less water, depending on the thickness of your liquid castile soap.
- Once you have achieved your desired consistency, transfer the mixture to a foaming soap dispenser. Shake well before use.
Benefits of making your hand soap:
Cost-effective: Making your hand soap can be more cost-effective than purchasing pre-made soaps. Using natural ingredients, you can make a large quantity of hand soap at a fraction of the cost of commercial brands.
Commercial hand soaps often come packaged in plastic bottles in landfills. Making your hand soap can help reduce your carbon footprint by using reusable foaming soap dispensers and natural ingredients.
By making your hand soap, you can customize the ingredients to suit your preferences and skin type. You can add different essential oils for fragrance and natural antibacterial properties or adjust the amount of coconut oil to suit your skin’s hydration needs.
Making your hand soap at home is a simple and cost-effective way to promote good hand hygiene while being environmentally friendly. Using natural ingredients, you can create a hand soap customized to your preferences and skin type. Try making your hand soap today and enjoy the benefits of natural, homemade soap.